Greg Bishop Greg Bishop
9:00am - 12:00pm
Bishop On Air

Contact Me

My Blog

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Custom Search
October 22, 2014, 10:28 am
970 WMAY News

Fire Crews Battle Blaze At State CMS Warehouse

Springfield firefighters have brought a blaze under control at the state's Central Management Services warehouse on Laurel at 10th Street in Springfield. 


Springfield Fire Chief Ken Fustin says damage was limited to a section of the building that housed new or surplus computers for use by the Illinois Lottery; those computers were not being used for active day-to-day lottery operations.  It's not clear how much those computers were damaged.


There was minimal structural damage to the building, although there is smoke damage throughout the warehouse.  Fustin says an adjacent building used by the state Environmental Protection Agency was undamaged.


The blaze apparently started when a leaky propane heater ignited, sparking a flash fire that left one worker with minor burns..  A damage estimate was not immediately available. 

News Video

On Air Video

Facebook Fans

LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services